We were recently contacted by a company called Vacation Property Plus out of Irving, Texas. They told us they had a buyer for a time share we owned in Branson, Misouri.

We checked out their web site, which looked legit. After talking to them they sent us a contract to look over, which looked fine, and we paid $1600.00.

At first they called every week with an update, now for the last 2 weeks we cannot get anyone to call us back or even talk to anyone. All we get are voice mails and answering machines.

If anyone knows anything about this company I would be glad to hear it. We can only assume we have been scammed and are out $600.00

Had an Experience with Vacation Property Plus?

Comments

Please contact me at 214.659.8600 if you were a victim of Vacation Property Plus.

I was recently contacted by a "company" other than the Vacation Property Plus company that you all are mentioning.However, it seems that we are dealing with the same criminal.

After my wife told me about her conversation, I did some due diligence of my own and realized it was a scam. Luckily. I then decided to get a little vengeful and hired a PI to find out who had trie to scam my wife. It turns out this Kevin Sanchez is a habitual scam artist out of Central Florida.

Email me and I will share with you what I found.Let's bring this *** to justice!

comingforkevinsanchez@hotmail.com

Call and report these folks to the Texas Attorney General's office.Also make sure you file complaints with the Florida Attorney General and the Secretary of State (since the companies are incorporated in Florida).

Since the sums you are being scammed are greater than $1,000, it is a felony! If you never received any legitimate value or services for the monies paid, then you are entitled to have the transaction null and voided.

FOr those that paid by credit card, immediately call and dispute the charges.

Never ever pay any fees "upfront", expecially to people who are in theory representing the buyers and not you!!!

#206881

Hello,

My grandma/Parents were recently contacted by a "kevin Sanchez" interested in buying there timeshare.I quickly got on and googled to see what I could find.

I found many good things--- and then this. It seems too convenient that the scam that came up would happen to be in timeshares--- making me think it's not legit at all, but, my grandpa recently passed away, so grandma is eager to jump into the opportunity. The business name they gave us seemed legit, website and all. They had us look at the better business bureau, and so on.

Could it really be legit and they just happen to have the same name!?What are some other things I could look for before anyone chances it??

I have worked FABIAN FLEIFEL who has been supervising rooms into using deceptive sales practices by make false offers to unsuspected clients that their timeshare has been sold Not only did I discover this to be illegal.I also became aware that we were not even fulfilling the terms of our advertising agreement and listing the properties.

I am sorry to all the families I have sadly defrauded and scammed. After doing research I learned FABIAN FLEIFEL is currently under investigation by multiple federal agencies for fraud.

I strong encourage anyone who has worked with companies under the name of INTERNATIONAL TIMESHARE UNLIMITED.VACADIRECTUSA(WEBSITE VACATIONSDIRECT.COM) OR MORE RECENTLY RESORT PLACEMENT SERVICES CONTACT THE AUTHORITIES AND HELP GET FABIAN FLEIFEL BEHIND BARS.

more info - just also found same Ph # (888-405-8905) listed (used) by a FL (not TX)

outfit 'International TimeShares Unlimited'

suspicions continue...

"resort placement service(s)" contacted me, say have buyer - want $2,157 up front for 'title search & transfer costs' (also say buyer pays '7,677.85 as 20% dn & closing costs').Offered me $24,592.85 for Timeshare bought years ago for about 18,000, say odd price due to running financing thru UK & conversion ??

I've ben burnt before, referred them to more trusted real estate agent I have listed with, see what happens, I do NOT think the up front $ is a good sign.

They say law req.collect up front from bothparties - something about Fed trade comission - but I haven't found actual reference...

We were called by a Trey Bradley with Resort Placement Services, told us he had a buyer for our Branson Time Share - $28,000 - made it sound legit, said buyer was overseas and as soon as he received 20% down ($5600) from him into an escrow account - he would need $2200 from us via a check deposit over the phone (yeah right).So did some Google searches - seemed fishy even though their website seemed OK but anybody can build a website - I noticed the copyright on it was 2010 - very recent.

The contact Number on their website 888-405-8905 is also associated with former complaints of Vacation Property Plus scams. When Mr.

Bradley called back, we accused him of being a scam......he didn't try real hard to convince of otherwise after telling him we were reporting him to the State Attorney Generals Office.Now if he was legit.....I think he would have offered proof.

I was contacted in April, 2010 by an agent of Vacation Property Plus and told that they had a buyer for my timeshare in Florida, but I would have to pay my share of the closing costs.I was also sent an agreement to sign which gave them license to start the title search, etc and that it would take 60-90 days to close on the sale.

I have been in contact witht them a few times, but feel that I am getting the run around; pretty sure that I have been scammed.

I will contact my bank to see if there is any chance of getting the fee reversed.Is there anyone I can report them to?

I called the BBB in Dallas and gave them the address of the company that called me claiming they found a buyer and want me to pay $1600-1800.Vacation Property Plus is out of business, but they are now known as Resort Placement Services.

Check out the website or call at 888-405-8905.Good luck.

www.resortplacementservice.com